About Me

My photo
I love living just blocks from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan, in WI. I am a wife to Greg(for 49 yrs in 2021), mother to Heather and Amber (love my girls), Gamma to LJ, daughter to Marion (deceased in 2012 at 88 y/o, lived a life glorifying the Lord), sister to Paul and Samantha, aunt to Paula, Shelley (and fam) and Jeremy (and fam), Tuffy, the parakeet (2021) and most of all...a child of God, saved by grace through Christ Jesus. Life is a gift! Eternal life, a BLESSING!!!

Follow My Blog

Follow My Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 2, 2015

MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge 260

Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox  and Friends Challenge 260
- Rick Rack -

Tutorial

Here's my sample card as a design team member for Mark's Finest Papers! Thanks for looking and head on over to JOIN IN the challenge fun!


Here's my sample for Mark's Finest Papers design team.


As much as I didn't want to actually make my own rick rack, I did. I followed the great 
tutorial (above) and found that I really enjoyed it. Initially I had intended to just add the rick rack to the main cardfront but I didn't like how the flowers looked behind it. So I just added the rick rack to a white piece of cardstock and place the flowers behind that. Seemed to work out ok so I left it like that. I colored my flowers, using Copic markers, to match my rick rack. Stamped the sentiment and added some gems to the flower centers and that was it. Complete.

I used MFP stamp sets " Bearded Iris" for the sentiment and "Black-eyed Susans" but couldn't find the set to picture it, BUT "Spring Flowers" actually had the flower image.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card; looks like the flowers are being showcased in a flower box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Pam, I really love the reds and yellows, very striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You chose such a great way to use those ric-rac pieces, and I love that their colors mirror the colors of the flowers! NJ~

    ReplyDelete