About Me

My photo
I love living just blocks from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan, in WI. I am a wife to Greg(for 49 yrs in 2021), mother to Heather and Amber (love my girls), Gamma to LJ, daughter to Marion (deceased in 2012 at 88 y/o, lived a life glorifying the Lord), sister to Paul and Samantha, aunt to Paula, Shelley (and fam) and Jeremy (and fam), Tuffy, the parakeet (2021) and most of all...a child of God, saved by grace through Christ Jesus. Life is a gift! Eternal life, a BLESSING!!!

Follow My Blog

Follow My Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 266


Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 266
- watercolor-




Our sponsor for this challenge is

Here's my card for the design team.

I want to thank Freckled Fawn for sponsoring this challenge.
They offer some awesome products like these 
Silver Puffy Heart Stickers. 


Since the challenge is Watercolor I decide to actually use
watercolor cardstock. Genius, right? lol  First I stamped
my image. Then I began to "paint" using my watercolor
brush tool. My paints? This was actually fun. I used
my old TomBow markers, scribbling various colors onto
a clear block, or anything plastic would work, and picked
up the color with the brush. I painted my flower image first 
then filled in the entire background using a pale blue/green. 
I then flicked some of the blue/green from my brush creating
some dots. I did lightly mist the entire card with water.
I speeded the drying process using my embossing tool.
Finally I stamped my sentiment and added the cool
puffy heart stickers. I KNOW I will use these a lot!
ta da...finished.

Still time to get involved with the current challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Your watercolor sunflower is absolutely lovely. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous painting. Love the soft background against that wonderfully vivid flower. Way to rock this challenge. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete