About Me

My photo
I love living just blocks from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan, in WI. I am a wife to Greg(for 49 yrs in 2021), mother to Heather and Amber (love my girls), Gamma to LJ, daughter to Marion (deceased in 2012 at 88 y/o, lived a life glorifying the Lord), sister to Paul and Samantha, aunt to Paula, Shelley (and fam) and Jeremy (and fam), Tuffy, the parakeet (2021) and most of all...a child of God, saved by grace through Christ Jesus. Life is a gift! Eternal life, a BLESSING!!!

Follow My Blog

Follow My Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 14, 2016

MFP Stamps Challenge 20

MFP Stamps Challenge 20
Half -Die - follow TUTORIAL

Here's my sample card as a design team member for Mark's Finest Papers! Thanks for looking and head on over to JOIN IN the challenge fun!

(inside)
I made my card a bit different than the tutorial
but I think it turned out just fine too. I used
green, brown and tan pieces of cardstock.
The dark brown was my base piece. The
tan was attached to the brown. and I used
a pattern piece of paper, cut about 3"x 1.5",
folded in half. I wanted my green piece to
be the flap of my card to open so I glued
one half of the pattern to the green and
the other half to the back of the brown.
BEFORE I did all that I ran the green through
an embossing folder with trees. I took my
die cut and cut out half. I stamped my
deer, on the tan, so he just peeks out. I
sponged green ink over the embossed trees
and around all edges on the card. I followed
with brown ink along the edges too. I
colored my deer using Copics. The sentiment
and deer were both stamped using a brown
ink. I then sponged more green on the
inside, around the deer, etc. I added some
brown twine and a couple of leaf charms
to complete my card. Thanks for
stopping by. Now go and make a card
and play along too!!
:-)

I used MFP stamp set

"Animal Birthdays"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments: