About Me

My photo
I love living just blocks from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan, in WI. I am a wife to Greg(for 49 yrs in 2021), mother to Heather and Amber (love my girls), Gamma to LJ, daughter to Marion (deceased in 2012 at 88 y/o, lived a life glorifying the Lord), sister to Paul and Samantha, aunt to Paula, Shelley (and fam) and Jeremy (and fam), Tuffy, the parakeet (2021) and most of all...a child of God, saved by grace through Christ Jesus. Life is a gift! Eternal life, a BLESSING!!!

Follow My Blog

Follow My Blog

Followers

Monday, March 19, 2018

Crafter's Companion - Candle


This candle turned out lovely! It was simply done too! First
I took some plain tissue paper and stamped my image. Then, using Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers colored it. 
Colored pencils will work too. 

Once finished, I carefully tore out the image...closer to the image the better.
  I took the image and held it to the candle where I wanted it. Taking some wax paper, a large enough piece to wrap around the candle in order to hold the tissue in place. 
Image result for stamping on candles
(not my photo)
Using my heat gun I began to apply heat to the image. Don't over heat the candle or it will melt it. You just want to heat it enough to watch the tissue edges disappear. Smooth it by rubbing the wax paper. Once smoothed, with all tissue edges melted gently into the wax, you're finished. 
(the back)

Crafter's Companion Supplies Used:

Sheena Perfect Partner Stamps and Dies - Lily Corners
Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers 

No comments:

Post a Comment